Finding The Source Of An Upstairs Bathroom Leak In San Diego
When you notice a leak in your upstairs bathroom, it is important to act quickly. There are many potential causes for leaks in the home, so it can be difficult to pinpoint the source of a leak without some detective work. Here are just a few ways that you could find and fix an upstairs bathroom leak:
– Investigate how much water is being used on the premises. This may help narrow down where the leak is coming from if several bathrooms or appliances are on-site.
– If you suspect the leak is coming from a toilet, check for any cracks or holes in it.
– Check your upstairs bathroom fixtures and make sure everything looks dry
– Check any pipes under sinks or behind toilets with running water or left-on faucets.
– Listen to the sounds of running water when walking around your house, even if you don’t live near an upstairs bathroom!
Easy-To-Find Sources Of A Bathroom Leak
Some leaks can be detected with the naked eye and require no advanced work. You may be able to locate the leak by following these steps:
– Leaks from pipes often come around floor or ceiling joints.
– Watch for wet spots on carpets and floors, especially in hallways.
– Look for dampness inside walls near a water pipe that’s running through them–usually immediately beneath windows with leaking roofs.
Bathroom Leaks That Are More Difficult To Find
If the supply line, sink trap, and wax ring seem to be in order, your shower or bathtub could be the culprit.
– Check the bathtub or shower drain first.
– Remove the drain cover (some are secured with a screw) and make sure it doesn’t leak water around its edges when you pull up on it slightly to let go.
If your tub has an overflow, turn off the water inlet valve for that sink faucet and check again to see if any leaks persist—if they do, this is likely where your leak is coming from! If not, move on checking bathroom pipes below sinks next.
Not A Great Leak Finder? Consider Bringing In A Professional To Help You
For all of your leak needs, allow the professional leak finders at Leak Detection to take care of you.
Bathroom leaks can be difficult to find, so it is best to take help from an expert on this matter. A leaky upstairs bathroom is something that must be taken care of as soon as possible to avoid a costly water bill or even worse, damaging furniture below the leaks!
Our team of experts has years of experience in leak detection and offers fast, reliable service. Contact 1st Response Leak Detection at (619) 374-8554 today to get more information and reliable services in San Diego, CA.