5 Different Water Leak Hazards At Home In San Diego
Most people consider home water leaks to be more of a hassle than a serious problem. But if a water leak of any size is left unattended, it can pose a number of threats to your home and the area surrounding it.
Risks You May Face If You Have Water Leaks in Your Home
- Increased Water Bills: One of the most obvious effects of leaking water pipes is an increase in water bills.
- Water Contamination: If a water pipe in your home is damaged, outside debris could enter and contaminate your drinking water, posing a serious risk to your family’s health.
- Mildew And Mold: Hidden water leaks may be the source of mold and mildew growth in your home. When exposed to mold spores, people may have a variety of health issues, such as respiratory issues, allergic reactions, and skin irritations.
- Fire Risk: If exposed electrical connections or wires are nearby, leaking pipes may present a fire risk. In addition to greatly increasing the risk of electrocution, water in touch with electrical wires has a chance of short-circuiting, which could result in sparks that start a fire.
- Structure Damage: Over time, concealed water leaks can seriously damage the structure of your home. If your property is exposed to water for a longer period of time, the joists in your ceiling and the structure of your roof may suffer long-term harm.
How Do Water Leaks Occur?
One of the scariest threats that a water leak could cause is a fire. If water leaks come into contact with your electrical supply or frayed wires, they could short out your electricity, spark, and start a fire.
Which Type Of Leak Is More Common?
I feel that faucets are where water leaks happen most commonly. The steady drip, drip, drip might only seem like a little annoyance, but when multiplied, those droplets could cause a significant increase in your water cost.
What Causes Water To Leak Under A House?
Some of the causes of standing water under a home include a clogged low-point drain, leaking pipes, foundation cracks, issues with foundation vents, and moisture from the ground.
Do you reside in a house with a hidden water leak? If so, you need to take quick action and call 1st Response Leak Detection at (619) 374-8554 for reliable water leak detection.
Call the experts of 1st Response Leak Detection at (619) 374-8554 to avail of our services in San Diego, CA.